This certificate is suitable for project management professionals who have previous experience or training in people management, motivation and control. Candidates will get an overview to project management and project lifecycle and learn about managing plans, project reviews, people and other areas relating to the development and delivery of project products.
Who is this aimed at?
Specialists and managers with in-depth knowledge of their subject, and practitioners with previous experience or training in people management, motivation and control.
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates should have:
- A minimum of four years' experience of management or four years' in Information Systems and have attended an accredited training course leading to the Certificate; or
- A minimum of three years' experience as a project manager including the use of a recognised methodology. A report should also be submitted detailing the candidate's work experience and practices (direct entry route).
What format is the exam?
- Part 1: During the course candidates need to have a positive assessment to take the written exam.
- Part 2: A three hour 'closed book' written exam.
Overall pass rate of 50% - as well as 50% pass mark for Question 1.
- Part 3: A 45 minute oral exam (subject to passing the written exam) - this must be taken within 12 months of receipt of the notification of the written exam result.
Where can I take the exam?
With an accredited training provider
On passing the written exam, contact BCS Customer Service to book the oral exam.
Where can I read more?
You can read more in the syllabus and the reading list for this certification. There is also a sample paper with marking guidelines and a marking summary.
What can I do next?
You may want to consider other higher level certification in Project Management. Otherwise our Business Analysis and Agile certification may be of interest.
- The Open University (OU865M) qualification exemption has now been withdrawn. If you have any questions please contact us.
- PRINCE2 Practitioners (through APMG) can apply for the PRINCE2 Conversion course. Candidates who already hold the PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification may take a shorter 40 hour course (rather than the standard 80 hour course). A copy of the PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate is required by BCS when registering for the oral as verification that the candidate holds this qualification. View a full list of Training providers accredited to offer the PRINCE2 Conversion course.
This qualification is not regulated by the following United Kingdom Regulators - Ofqual, Qualification in Wales, CCEA or SQA.